It was a really good year

It’s a perfect time, to sum up 2018.
This time I’m not going to divide it into monthly sections because everything that happened to me was tangling and fading smoothly into each other. All the months were mixing together to make one huge shape. It was a really strenuous and rich time for me.
I can even say, that this year was a bit odd to me. During the last 12 months, I’ve got to know myself more than in the last 28 years. It’s funny, how much can happen to us when we’re looking for it inside our hearts :)

First of all, I’ve realized that there is one thing I want to create. This thing has been somewhere in my space for years. I’ve created it a long time ago and called it “unreal dream”. And this “unreal dream” is so expressive, that it’s hard to even to me to believe that it’s happening right now!
I want to try, even if it’s going to fail one day.
I’m completing the equipment I’ll need in my coffee shop, I’m learning new things and I’m slowly looking for some service space to rent.
Our coffee machine has been disassembled and it’s staying like this on the table. All the screws, small pipes, and some group elements are lying everywhere. We’re cleaning and descaling every single element.
The frame is already cleaned and our cats found it comfy to sleep inside.
After a few failed attempt we’ve already unscrewed the heater from the steam boiler (huge THANKS for the car mechanic from Å»oÅ‚ny street in Warsaw, who helped us to deal with it).
The heater and the boiler were so dirty and scaled that I was shocked if anyone could use it like that!
Some group elements were so dirty with the old coffee beans that you could easily brew some caffeine drink with the water only…
Well, there was a lot of to do with cleaning, but I think we’ve done most of it. We only need to order some elements to change them and the coffee machine will work as a brand new!
I can’t wait to try it!!

At the end of this year, Hedwiga joined our family.
This young cat lady is totally charming! Before she started to live in the sanctuary she was staying on the street. When we met, we quickly fell in love with each other.
She still finds it hard to cooperate with other cats. Misio is the calmest cat in our home and he’s accepting her the most. Purka and Amaya ignore her mostly, they’re not interested in playing with her, what she would love to do with them. When she wants to play they usually hiss at her. I think they need more time :)
We can uncheck first Christmas together. Hedwiga was so joyful while playing with the Christmas tree! She was climbing and playing among branches. She has played with the plastic ornaments and I’m pretty sure we’ll find some of them hidden under the sofa after few months!
I remember that fun with playing in the Christmas tree when it was Purka’s, Amaya’s and even Misio’s first Christmas! And now it was the same with Hedwiga.
And now we’re going to spend first New Year’s Eve together. I hope we’ll have a calm evening.
This year (fortunately) Warsaw city has resigned from the fireworks display. The main street party will celebrate a New Year with the laser display. I’m happy and proud of Warsaw, but still, fireworks are available for private people. They could buy them in every shopping mall they’ve found. But still, I hope that not a lot of people will use them.
But well, we’re learning each other with Hedwiga. I’m getting to know her liking better; she’s recognizing my boundaries.
She still likes to bite, but we’re working on it. You know what? We can make miracles with love and patience. Amaya has proved it some time ago.
Hedwiga still doesn’t react for her name, but I think it’s too early to expect this. When she was living in the sanctuary she was called differently, it might be confusing for her to hear something new again.
We also need to show her that she doesn’t have to be afraid of the hand. For now, she’s sometimes curling up when we want to pet her. We decided that we need to pet her a lot, but she has to see our hand before we touch her - she has to know that nothing bad will happen to her.
And she’s apparently afraid of the sanctuary smell. Every time I return from the sanctuary she’s hiding somewhere. I think it can remind her of living there, maybe she’s afraid of returning there - I don’t know.
Of course, I know that I need to earn her trust, she has to be sure that she’s safe here with us :)

This year we were traveling a lot. A lot of these trips we made with a car. I really love to drive. So we’ve visited:
  • England (twice)
  • Scotland
  • Taiwan
  • Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Baltic Sea
  • Karkonosze Mountains
  • Austria
  • Slovakia
  • Hungary
  • PoznaÅ„ (twice)
  • Katowice

We were going through:
  • Germany
  • France
  • Czechia

Everywhere we went we were able to drink good coffee and spend a really nice time together. I hope the next year will be as rich with the travels and good coffee as the one we need to bid farewell in a while :)

My goals to achieve in 2019?
I’m not planning a lot, I’m just thinking if I could do something more. And I think I can, at least I’ll try to:

  • I want to learn how to make a perfect espresso
  • I want to be able to make as good Chemex and Aeropress coffee as a V60 drip
  • I want to learn latte art
  • I want to set up my own coffee shop
  • I would like to paint a picture, which I’ve been planning to make for 2 years
  • I want to try my watercolors
  • I want to read regularly all the sites I like (I’ve already installed the RSS app)
  • I want to learn how to drive on the sliding plate (to be able to control the car during the skid)
  • I want to make at least 1 DIY thing each month
  • I want to eat healthy things and once per month eat something unhealthy I like (because even junk food is ok if you’re not eating it all the time)

I’ve decided to use Bullet Journal this year. I hope it’ll help me to systematize my life again. I think the regular calendar is too boring for me.
I’m sure that I’ll create more goals to reach in the next 12 months, some of them will disappear, maybe some of them will change… But there is one thing I’m sure about: it’s going to be a busy year!



8 comments:

  1. A very busy year for you!
    Happy 'Mew' Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to renew your year with you, Olka. And yes, a big year. Coming to a decision on the coffee shop is a very big deal and I can read the commitment to make this happen in your words, which makes me smile a lot.

    I send you all good wishes for then new year, all good hopes you'll meet each goal and many thanks for your visits to my blog in 2018. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Katowice too ? My town ;) Nice recap ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! All the best to you in 2019 ;*

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like some great goals. I love to travel too. I live in the USA but was able to spend time in England and Norway this year. The Coffee Shop will be and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I think your goals are really great, and you accomplished a lot in 2018.

    Hedwiga is very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram