Winter with wealthy art spirit


It’s the same again - I promised myself, that I’ll write notes more often than before… And I realized again, that I had time for everything else but not for writing. Sometimes I feel that I neglect my blog. Of course I wasn’t bored all this time, but still - I wasn’t here. I have a lot kind of hobbies, it’s really hard to divide my spare time for each of them. I would love to make everything, but when I fall down into some DIY I cannot stop making it.
Winter is not clement and kind, she really discourages to go out, but emphatically she encourages to make warm evenings with the favorite tea and some DIY things. And I can truly say, that I was able to meet this challenge!


But let’s start with the organizational issue: I got a lot of emails from you, you’re asking why did your comments disappear after you add it; sometimes you even ask me, why did I delete them.
You have to know, that I’m not deleting or hiding any comments (if they’re not offensive o course)! “Disappearing comments” are just comments, which you had add on a different blog than you probably wanted to.
Some time ago I decided to write also in English, but Blogspot doesn’t support bilingual blogs, so I had to make two separated blogs with different URLs and different archives. If you add some comment here it won’t be visible in Polish version and vice versa.
These two blogs are “fastened together” with the Java Script, which let you go to the same subpage what you’re at the moment after you click “Polish version”. And that’s formally the only one thing which connects these sites.

Ok, when you understand everything I can continue writing!
I’ll start with my handmade things(I can say without modesty that they’re beautiful).
I made a lot of crochet things, but not only them! (if your art spirit will wake up after you see something I can share some tutorials with you)

I started with some Christmas decorations idea - I decided to spend some time with my husband and we were painting together some pine cones. We had a lot of fun during this DIY!
Maja also likes to make some craft things, so she also wanted to try to paint pine cone. She made wonderful colorful decoration! Ours are more toned down I think.



Christmas theme is very popular now and I also yielded to this “fashion”. I made small cotton filet Christmas tree with LED lights inside. I saw this type of LED lights some time ago, but I didn’t have any idea how to use them. And now I wish I had it in this project. You can rate the effect on your own! I really like how it looks like.


And of course, my Christmas tradition to make some ornaments - I made a lot of crochet pendants! In this photo, you can see only a few of them, but I made more! They’re decorating my Christmas tree now!


Somewhere in the middle of making Christmas ornaments, I decided to make small amigurumi fox to decorate my car. I really like to have some piece of myself in the place I spend a lot of time, it’s closer to me! It’s really not a lot, but I feel better while driving now.


My sewing machine also has stared at me for some time. I decided to spend some time with her too, I mend some holey socks and some torn Maja’s clothes but I also made few cats for Koty z Grochowa charity organization. They’ll be sold at some online charity auction, but I can’t tell you exactly when because we’re still collecting some items to sell. You can follow charity organization’s facebook site if you want to be up to date with this event.



I also made three dream catchers for Koty z Grochowa. I was thinking about making some for a long time, but the catalyst turned out to be finding some metal circles in haberdashery! I made first the same evening, and then I made more and more!
To be honest - I don’t believe in their power, but I think they can be great home decoration.



Some time ago I saw a tutorial how to make a chunky knit blanket and I was pretty sure that someday I’ll make it. And I did it now!
It’s really simple to make a blanket like this, making it took me around 2 hours. The effect is even better than I have expected before!
The blanket is quite heavy (I used 5kg of wool) but it’s used mostly for decoration, not for covering. Purka of course like it, it’s really soft and warm!




I also tried my hand at scrapbooking. It’s not a masterpiece, but I’m happy with the result. I’m still learning how to make lovely cards, I’m really motivated because I’m exchanging letters with people from various parts of the world. I want them to feel very special and important to me! And I believe they feel like this when they get a handmade card.
It’s really awful feeling when you feel not important enough and superfluous for someone, I know this feeling so I want even more to make someone smile.


I think I mentioned about it before in this note - we have finally our own car! We have read a lot of opinions about cars available in Poland and we decided to buy Hyundai. A lot of people rate them really high and write, that they would buy this type again.


It’s too little time to say more about Tuscon, but for now, I can say, that I really like to drive my car, I feel very comfortable inside, I appreciate a lot of space to sit and in the trunk.


We have already planned a first long trip with our car, we’re going to spend almost 2 weeks in the UK in June and we would like to go to UK Games Expo. It’s a great opportunity to finally meet personally one of my penpal friends! I’m so excited and I can’t wait to go!
We also want to visit a part of Scotland, I hope we’ll be able to see the most beautiful places in this marvelous region. Thinking about it makes me fulfilled with the positive energy!

What’s new about my cats? To be honest - luckily not a lot of new things. We have to repeat urine tests now, they’re still getting l-methiocid (twice per day) and I hope it’ll be enough to make them healthy.
They’re still eating BARF food, we’re testing a different kind of meats now, we want them to eat variously. Sometimes Amaya is choosy, but when I add some Cosma snackies inside she’s finishing as the first and asking for more!



Purka lost her weight a little bit, I think it’s a huge success for us!
After New Year has come I want to make them all blood tests to make sure that every parameter is in the norm. I make BARF food as it’s written in the recipe, but sometimes cats can react in a different way for some amount of something. So I need to keep an eye on it.

I wanted to make these tests some time ago, but Purka was sick, at the beginning she got calicivirus, later she and Misio got scabies… I had to move making blood tests for later.
For now, all cats feel good so I think I’ll be able to make all tests.


My volunteering adventure continuous all the time and I hope it will next long years! Helping cats inspires me, it makes me feel more important and relevant! It gives me a lot of positive energy, which I can use later.
In the cat sanctuary, I have met a lot of people with different interests which all love cats! It’s wonderful to spend some time with them. Actually, I don’t feel fully adopted by this group, I still don’t know everybody, with some of them I didn’t talk too much (I didn’t have an opportunity for this). It’s really hard for me to smoothly join some new group of people, which I haven’t known before. It turned out, that it’s leaving a comfort zone - it was always a problem for me. I can’t just open myself to someone I don’t know well, I’m afraid of people, I’m afraid that they’ll hurt me like most of the people in my life...



I’m a little bit freaky about succulents! Every time I go to the DIY store I have to buy a new one! I’m really surprised because, by this time I didn’t like any plants, I only accepted cut flowers which I could take at most one week in the flowerpot. I didn’t know how to take care of plants and I just avoided them like the plague.



And in the meantime, I really care about succulents now! I really like them all. And I feel terrible when some of them is dying because I made something wrong with taking care of them. But I hope I learn how to proceed to make them beautiful and healthy for a long time.


The whole last month we have been testing boxed diet - we decided to eat clean before Christmas time. We set a specific amount of calories to make sure, that we’ll be able to lose weight a little bit.
We have used this diet for one full month and I most likely we will never decide for this in the future.
The first company which delivered our food turned out to be a fail - meals were unsavory, ingredients were not fresh and meals appearance deterred and discouraged…
The second company we have picked was much better - meals looked tasty and they actually were! Everything was fresh and well made. But there was one issue - they were not various - we got the same meals all the time. And the last straw that breaks the camel's back - we got yogurt every other day!
Of course, we saved a lot of time during this diet, because the only one thing we had to do to heat dinners in the microwave. But after one month I felt sick when I was thinking about yogurt, barley or turkey…
With the start of December, we returned to cooking and baking. And to be honest - there is nothing better than homemade food!
The boxed diet helped me to reach the weight I wanted to, now I weigh less than 64kg (it’s around 1 kg less than I have planned) and I would love to stay with this weigh or even get lower.
Now we’re trying to count calories and not to eat too much. I can’t gain weight, because it’s not healthy, especially for my heart burdened with genetic defects.


Last Thursday I had my pacemaker control, the device again saved some data about the tachycardia. And we’re still not doing anything with it until it won’t make me feel really bad.
Actually, it doesn’t disturb me with normal functioning. My tachycardia episodes are quite quick and I didn’t even feel them. It’s probably caused by the habit - I have tachycardia very often, so I’m trying to not to think about it. My pulse is around 160-170 bpm during each episode, it’s the same when I’m making some sport.
My pacemaker battery should be able to work another 7-8 years, so, for now, I don’t have to go to the hospital. No more tests are needed.

There is a lot of to do before Christmas time, so I’m sure that I won’t be able to write anything else before the Christmas Eve. That’s why I want to wish you warm and purring Christmas! And a lot of peace of mind! And I wish you all successes and a positive thoughts for whole New Year.


My New Year's resolution is to not to make any New Year's resolutions. So I can go through 2018 without any commitments and any expectations of myself.


And finally, for the end of this long note, I would love to share with you photos of my cute Christmas tree! Cats had to accompany us with decorating it, and now they have a fun with taking off some decorations from the tree :)
Every single morning I find few baubles lying near the Christmas tree. But luckily our tree is still keeping plummet! And I hope that it’ll stay the same at least to the Christmas :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your kitty pillows, and that blanket that you knit on your arm! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos, especially those of the cats by the tree and lights, are spectacular! I love all your ornaments -- fun to do that in the company of others! And your kitty pillows are a hit, as is that blanket.

    Sending you very happy greetings for a Merry Christmas from Michigan USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your DIY ornaments and decorations are so pretty! Your kitties and tree look so lovely. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions either. I hope you’ll make nice friends at the cat sanctuary. It’s always hard at first. I understand.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram