One step forward, two steps backwards

To be honest, I had no idea how much time will take me to write this post. My recent lack of motivation doesn’t let me to do my stuff as fast as I usually do. Everything I try to make is too tiring. And believe me, I have not enough strength to fight with my own demons and force myself to be always on time with things I need to do. sometimes I feel that I’ve lost somewhere. I don’t know where to go and what to do. Maybe I’ve just lost myself.


My note might be disjointed today, but you know what? There is one thing I like in my blog the most - it’s the fact, that I can be myself here. I don’t need to pretend someone else. And my blog looks like exactly as I wanted it to be! And I don’t care if someone expects something different from me. I’m not focused on gaining readers, that’s why I’m even more than happy that you’re here with me!






Amaya’s last TLI results are below the standard. It means that her pancreas has an issue with enzymes production.


I’ve talked to our vet and we decided to investigate all the results I have from the beginning. When Amaya started to live with us TLI result was below the standard. She had to take medicines which helped her pancreas to work properly. And the TLI result steadily improved. One day it achieved the normal range - that day we could finally stop giving her medicines. After we did it TLI result improved bit more, it has dulled my vigilance. Of course, the TLI level was in the normal range but still in the lower limit. That’s why we had to still repeat the TLI test once per year - just in case of decreasing the parameter.
And last 2 years she didn’t have to take her pills. But it turned out that TLI was slowly decreasing during that time and it again dropped below normal range.
 Amaya has to take medicines again, it’s possible that she’ll never stop taking them again. At least, she had 2 years break from them.
I feel terrible when I think about it. I was so happy when she was getting better. And now it’s worse again…
But on the other hand - her comfort of life hasn’t dropped even for a while, her pancreas hasn’t managed to give him any symptoms. Recurrence of pancreas failure occurred during control tests. Amaya feels good, she’s happy, she doesn’t feel any discomfort or pain. These medicines help her pancreas to produce enzymes she needs to live. She’s not stressed because of taking pills because she can easily eat them with her daily meals.
So maybe I shouldn’t have to treat the whole situation as a personal failure?





Hedwiga has caught the flu. I’m afraid that her decrease in immunity is caused by stress. She has been with us not for a long time, she still needs to get used to the new situation. It might sound strange, but cats need a lot of time to get acclimatized.
At the beginning she was just sneezing, our vet suggested us to give immune enhancing drugs for all the cats. After 2 series I saw no difference, after the next week she started coughing. We signed up for the vet appointment, she got antibiotic for the upper respiratory tract infection. The RTG test has ruled out pneumonia (luckily), but still, I haven’t seen any improvement. Additionally, she has a runny nose right now. I think she feels a bit worse than before. She still wants to play, she eats and handles her physiological needs, but she seems to be slower at all. Today we’ve started a new antibiotic treatment - we had to change the drugs. Keep your fingers crossed, I hope she’ll get better now.






Cats relations are going to balance every single day. Hedwiga still likes to chase Misio, but I realize that she does it less often. I think she’s getting used to his reluctance to play.
She’s arranging races with Amaya, they usually play together. She likes to sniff Purka; they’re sniffing each other more often. Recently they’ve slept on my laps together! We can also uncheck sleeping on my laps with Misio, yay!




I’ve also recently seen cats sleeping together in my quilt. They’re still not hugging (I think they need more time for that), but they can easily spend their time really close to each other. And they feel comfortable with it.



In the middle of March, we’ve finally finished with getting rid of knick-knacks! I’ve collected over a dozen huge IKEA bags of stuff I don’t need!
I’ve divided these things into four categories: “for people in need”, “charity auctions”, “for selling”, and “to trash”.
I still have at home a few things which I need to sell, but for now, there are no people interested in buying them.
I still need to clean up my desk stuff and loggia. But I need to wait with it, there are no things for getting rid of them anymore, I just need to put them in some order. I have to order some paper crafts organizers to be able to clean up the mess. And I’m waiting for warmer days with loggia - I want to plant some flowers, make a wicker fence and clean up everything at once. I think I’ll be able to handle it before Easter.

Since January I’ve returned for healthy meals. I think I’ve mentioned it before. I’m eating a lot of vegetables, I’m not eating any modified food. I think I can see the first results of my diet.
My roll of fat is smaller! I would like to lose around 5-6 kg, it’s not a lot so I think I’ll be able to reach my goal before June.


Our holidays' plans are slowly getting clear.
Last month I’ve celebrated my name day. We usually don’t buy any gifts for each other, but this year I got such an amazing gift from my hubby. We’re going for 2 concerts this year!! I really wanted to go there when I just learned about these events, but (to be honest) I wouldn’t dare to dream about getting tickets for even one of them.
So this year we’re going to spend 3 amazing days on Metalfest Open Air and another 3 days on Masters of Rock.
I can’t wait to go there. Both events are organized in the Czech Republic. The first one is taking place close to the Austria border, so after the concert ends we plan to go for the Alps trip. We want to visit Austria and Switzerland and wander through the mountain trails.
We still haven’t specified where we’re going to take Maja for the holidays. First, we were thinking about Italy, but I’m not sure if she’ll be able to spend so much time in the car. Taking a plane and renting a car after we get to the destination point is too expensive for us.
Spending the whole week in one city isn’t an option, because I feel it would be wasting money. I prefer to visit more interesting places than spending money on hotels, meals, and entertainment in one place.
So it’s possible that we’ll just go by Polish sea with her.

To sum up - I’m getting to know all the bands which are going to play during these two events! And our travelling plans are still in progress.

Coffeeshop opening - I feel that I’ve stuck in the standstill. I can’t practise the best espresso right now because I need high-quality espresso grinder.
For now, I have an amazing grinder for the pour over coffee and since I’ve bought it I can make really amazing drip, Chemex and AeroPress coffee!
Of course, I’m still practising latte art, I can make quite a nice pattern almost every time I try. Even some flexible disposable cups are not a problem for me anymore.
Recently I’ve had the opportunity to work with plant milk a lot! It was a nice experience, it’s harder to make a foam with the plant milk, but I did it many times.
We were really busy during the vegetarian-vegan festival, but I feel it was fun to sell a coffee there.


We’re planning to go for at least 2 events in April. I hope we’ll be able to sign up, I’ve found nice events really late.
I’m also looking for some festivals in May and June. I think I need to be up to date all the time. For now, I don’t consider to take part in any event which is organized out of Warsaw.
It’s not profitable to go somewhere far away, but maybe one day in the future… we’ll see…


I’ve recently forgotten about some of the succulents I was supposed to replant. Usually, you need to give them around 2 weeks to get them acclimatized, but they’ve been waiting a bit longer.
One of them was my birthday gift, the second one I got for Valentine’s Day, and the rest two I just bought to improve my mood. I put them to the ceramic cover pot and… I forgot about them.
I decided to test a new grit - I’ve ordered quartz 1-2mm grit and it’s totally awesome! The soil I’ve made with this one has better consistency.



My Art Spirit has focused on scrapbooking recently. I’ve written 4 new letters - 3 of them are sent for my new Penpals. I don’t know what’s wrong but pals I’ve been exchanging letters with for the last 2 years became too quiet recently. Maybe it’s the first stage when some friendships are coming to the end, I don’t know…






My Bullet journal for April is made with the die cutting machine mostly. I really love to make some compositions with the shapes I have.





This month I’ve given up watercolors a bit. I’ve only made one picture. I’m not in the best moment of my life right now, that’s why I’ve found it hard to even start painting. I hope the following month is going to be more creative for me.


I would love to try macrame. I’ve found some macrame workshops organized in Warsaw. I would like to go there. I just need to wait a few days more before I sign up because I’m not sure if we won’t have any event at that time. I’ve asked about being an exhibitor at some festivals, the coffee shop is more important right now.
So I would like to go to the workshops, but at least I can learn with Youtube as well. Spending some time with other people while making crafty things sound great, but we’ll see.

I would like to also try to make soy candles. It’s actually a very easy technique - I need a soy wax, some nice glass jars, and some dyes. Of course, I need some small ornaments to put them to the wax. And some scent. I'm not a fan of scented candles, though. But I think most of the people who use candles like to get some smell. I was thinking about something regular like vanilla. Or maybe some fruity and floral smells are better? What do you think?
If I would make a candle for me, I would never add any scents, haha! But I’m not using candles at home, my cats are acting like insane sometimes. I can never predict what can happen here!

The next month promises to be better. At least I hope so…
I would like to go for a walk more often. It’s getting so nice, warm and sunny outside.
I’ve finally seen the first squirrels this year! I love them with all my heart; they’re my favorite pets just after cats.







I’m also planning bike tours 2-3 times per week. I would like to also return to swimming, but I’m not sure if I have enough power to go to the swimming pool regularly.

Soundtrack for today: Rage "Set this world on fire"

8 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that Hedwiga and Amaya feel better soon! I used to macrame when I was a kid; I really loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natura jest bardzo inspirujÄ…ca,obyÅ› czerpaÅ‚a przyjemność z blogowania ❤❥ PiÄ™kne prace :) Uwielbiam kociaki ❤❥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the kitty pictures. They're all so beautiful. I think it's good that can take medicine and Amaya has a good quality of life. I don't think you failed at all. I hope Hedwiga gets better soon!

    All of your art is stunning, latte art included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Czekam z niecierpliwością na nową notkę :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pracuję nad nią :D jeszcze moment, postaram się dziś/jutro dodać ;)

      Delete
  5. amazing post, I like to read your blog :)
    Have a nice weekend :)

    https://bubasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography of cats is just stunning, Okla. It's so intimate and so clear and sharp. You really express the souls of the cat.

    I hope you can get your coffee machine soon. Your venture is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram