Step by step

Next week we’re meeting Summer during this Winter. We’ve already bought flight tickets to Taipei! I’m counting days! I can’t wait to go to Asia. I’ve never been in this continent in the past, so I’m super excited and I still can’t believe that I can travel so far away from home.
It’s quite sunny in Taipei now, of course sometimes they have rainy days, but the temperature is usually 18°C or more. Maybe I’ll be able to swim in the ocean one day… We’re planning a trip around the whole island during the weekend. We would like to visit the best and the most touristic places in Taiwan. I hate Winter, so I feel a lot of positive energy when I think about spending there 2 weeks.

We’ve changed Misio’s treatment and I feel it’s positive alteration. He got new steroid and for now, I haven’t seen any disease symptoms or any side effects.
At the beginning of February, we decided to remove the last 3 teeth ha had. FORL was progressing all the time and it made no sense to still keep them because after a while he would feel a pain. Anyway, he hasn’t already used these 3 teeth lately, so the more it was necessary to get rid of them.
Unfortunately, the surgery didn’t go as good as I was counting on. I’m joking, that Misio inherited “stomatology luck” from me. The teeth roots were so long and winding, that during the surgery vet accidentally broke his jaw. She had to use wires to link it again. We’re going to remove them after one month.
Well, she didn’t make the jaw RTG, so had no idea about the unusual roots. She also told me, that she has to split the rest of teeth to safely remove them.
I’m not mad at her, it sometimes happens.
I hope we’ll be able to remove the wires before we go to Taipei. I don’t want to leave my mom alone with it, she’ll anyway have a lot of to do with Maja and 3 cats alone because we decided to go without Maja.
But let’s go back to Misio again - the vet told us, that he won’t probably have the appetite until the next day and he’ll also need to get painkillers in the morning. Can you believe that after we returned home he willingly ate his meal? And next morning after the breakfast he started playing with Purka and Amaya! I wasn’t sure if he really needs these painkillers, I called our vet and she agreed, that we don’t have to make the injection if it’s not necessary. She was taken-aback, Misio is very resistant to the pain (what I actually knew before) and also very brave. Sometimes I feel that he’s even braver than me. If he was born as a human he would be probably man of success.


My succulent collection has expanded for the few plants more. I ordered some of them online, and some of them I bought in home improvement store (as usual). I also asked Adam to make next two bookshelves for my plants. And here they are! Cats are also happy about that because they gained another space for themselves. Someone is lying under the shelves all the time :)





Some of the succulents I had at the beginning have died during my learning how to take care of them. I was collecting the leaves, which looked good and I decided to let them propagate. And now they started to grow roots! I feel I’ll have new amazing flowers soon!
To be honest, I was going to throw out some of them, because I’ve seen no progress for more than 3 months, but then I saw tiny fine root from one of them! So moved all of propagating succulents to bigger pots and I’m watching them every day! :)




I’ve recently given up on healthy eating. I’ve been eating a lot of things, which I actually shouldn’t have eaten for the last month. Sometimes fast food or a cake. Well, I’m not going to use restricted diet anymore, I was using it only during losing my weight, but still, I shouldn’t return to unhealthy habitats. Of course, sometimes I’m eating outside, but I usually try to pick something healthy and “homemade” from fresh products.
I still love to eat oatmeal for breakfast; I love to add a lot of fresh fruits, I always use banana and usually some raspberries, pomegranate or blueberries. It also tastes better with a homemade latte, so I usually drink it at the same time.
But I’m always hungry between the breakfast and dinner, so I have to eat some snack. I usually have no time for making any salad etc because I want to finish my tasks before my husband come home to be able to spend more time with my family.
Healthy bars came to the rescue. They’re totally natural made with dactyls, figs, and some fruits; without any sugar, artificial colors, antioxidants and emulsifiers add. For now, I’m testing “dobra kaloria” bars, but if you can recommend any different bars feel free to write it in a comment. I’m open to experience some different snacks too if you know anything worth to recommend… ;) It doesn’t have to be sweet, I like salty things too! But I prefer some quick food, something that wouldn’t take more than 10 min to prepare.
My meals aren’t very diverse and I need to change it.


I finally decided to try decoupage! I made 2 boxes, photo frame, and a pencil case. This pencil case I made for Adam, but the rest of items I’m going to give for the online charity auctions for rescuing homeless cats.



I’m also going to make some more nice decoupage items, which will also contribute to topping up KzG bank account. But I won’t write you what are my plans right now. You’ll see in one of my future posts ;)
I also made 3 moss necklaces in my spare time; my friend from different charity organization needed some items for her online auction :)


I feel much better about scrapbooking too! That’s how my last cards look like! What do you think about it? Well, I still have to work more on envelopes, they sometimes leave a lot to be desired...



Maja’s kindergarten is totally booked right now. I’ve recently paid the advance. We decided her to go to the English pre-school institution because we want to make her life easier in the future. I think she’ll find her job faster with English language knowledge. I didn’t have such an opportunity when I was a kid, 26-28 years ago there weren’t a lot of places like this, and also my mom couldn’t afford for this. But you know how does it works - demand generates supply, so now there is a big selection of English kindergartens and they cost almost the same as normal private pre-school institutions.
I’m happy about our choice, this place is highly rated and it’s really close to our home. 



We still haven’t precise our holiday plans for this year. In addition to our trip in March and Scotland (in June), we haven’t been thinking about the rest of trips.
For sure we’ll go somewhere with Maja during her daycare break. I was thinking about visiting our Baltic Sea. I hope we’ll be able to find some place to stay not in the main touristic cities, I prefer to book a hotel (or private place) in the village. I prefer to make trips to interesting places to save some money and be able to choose the better quality place. Adam was thinking about going to Italy, it also sounds good, but I’m afraid of going there in the hottest months of the year. The break is at the end of July this year, so in the Mediterranean countries is around 40°C sometimes!
Anyway, we’ll go somewhere, the most important is to go together, it doesn’t matter where we go.
If I know myself well, I won’t be able to stay without any trip for a long time. We’ll probably organize some trip later in October or November, but I’m not planning it for now. If we’ll be able to go, we’ll just organize it in few days. But first, we have to check if we’ll have enough money and possibility to take some days off at work.

We had really unusual Valentine’s Day this year. I usually try to buy not knick-knack gift for Adam, so this time I booked shooting range for 1 hour.
We had really great time together and maybe we’ll go again in the future. And of course, we went to the coffee shop for a great latte and later we had sushi supper in one of our favorites sushi restaurant. Yes, definitely this year I had wonderful time for 14th of February :)



Well, it’s time to get back on track. Or maybe I should say: it’s time to take the right path. I’ve never thought that adult life is so difficult and full of anticlimaxes. Of course, I didn’t expect a bed of roses, it never happens in my life! But I was always saying: it'll work out somehow, one way or another; I’ll be worried for some time, I’ll run away from something and after the rain always comes the sun.
And now I know, that it was bad thinking because it assumes that it will do it itself and it will achieve itself.
Sweet Fanny Adams… The only thing which can change itself is the weather. Life will never plan itself instead of me so I can’t count on any cases and accidents. They’re not providing our lives, believe me! And if you think they do, you probably stacked in a vicious circle of someone's dreams! So even if you have perfect and arranged life you have to know, that nothing will happen itself! The most difficult it to start to take the matters into your own hands; I still can’t say that I did it, but surely I’m closer than ever before in my life.
And it doesn’t matter which decision I’ll finally make because I know, that it’ll be a conscious decision with a knowledge of every advantages and risk.

5 comments:

  1. My sisters and I are taking a trip to England in May, and I am so excited about it! Poor Misio...no teeth! But if he's feeling well, then that is good. I really like your succulent shelves. Our kitties would use them as ladders, so we'd have to bolt them to the wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're already bolted haha! :) Just in case

      Delete
  2. I always love coming her and seeing your wonderful photos. Beautiful creations -- really? This is your first decoupage? You could fool me! I adore your cats and hope all are on the mend soon. Maja is adorable. A beautiful life is what I see here. And that is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my visit with you today while sipping my morning tea. Your succulents are great. I have a tendency to overwater them. And your art creations are wonderful! Keep it up! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jeanie above that you have a very nice life. It will be interesting to hear about your trip to Taipei. I hope Misio fully recovers. I'm sorry to hear about his jaw. The pictures of your kitties with your daughter are precious. Your succulents and decoupage are wonderful. Sounds like a fun Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram