Sun, Autumn mood and a lot of positive feelings


Oh, it happened again - I haven’t written for a long time. 2 months for a blogger is like ages. I can only justify myself with a lack of time and no desire for writing. It’s always hard to return to writing after a long time because there is a lot of to say, but note shouldn’t have enormous length.
Well, today’s note will be long anyway, I’m going to also share a lot of photos with you. I’ll categorize this note to make sure, that it’s easy for you to find interesting topics and possibly avoid some parts, you’re not interested in.
So! Let’s catch up with it!

Rome
Our Rome trip was really nice. First of all, we wanted to relax and it was just so! Of course, we visited interesting touristic places, we saw almost everything worth to see. We didn’t limited dates and romantic walks till the midnight :)







I think we liked Colosseum the most. You won’t realize how huge it is until you go inside. I have one practical advice for you (just in case) - if you’re going to visit Colosseum remember to buy tickets online. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait in really long line and you’ll waste around 2-3 hours!



Of course, I couldn’t sign up the trip without meeting a cat on it. There is a lot of cats in Rome, most of them are gregarious, outgoing and hungry of attention. A lot of them come to people and ask for hugs.




Our itinerary couldn’t miss little cat “shelter” Largo di Torre Argentina, where you can buy handmade things and spend some time with cats living there.





One of them fell in love with me at first sight! He came and sat on my laps when I just appeared in the “shelter”, then he kissed me and purred :)




I’m a “crazy cat lady” so I had to visit cat cafe too! Actually, it’s not a typical cat cafe (like in different countries), it’s rather a bistro. You can order a coffee and some cakes until 1 pm, later you can order lunch and after 8 pm you can eat dinner only. It’s really strange, that Italians eat dinner so late! It’s the same in all Mediterranean countries; I don’t like the idea of siesta, but when you’re in Rome do as the Romans do. So you have to just accept and change your habitats for the time you spend there. But let’s go back to the cat bistro - you can eat there very tasty vegan food, coffee is awful for me. I think eating lunch in cats company is a pleasure, a lot of them are super lazy, but they come to human from time to time, they’re curious what interesting items you’re hiding inside your bag :)




Cat theme is very popular in Rome, it’s repeating in a lot of places - on the shop expositions, as a decoration of blocs of flats and also here on Piazza di Spagna underground station. It was really hard to take a picture because train security have eyes everywhere :) But finally I was able to make a photo because they pissed off to someone else! ;)


We also took sunbathing during our trip. We had really beautiful weather, unfortunately, there was huge wind, so we couldn’t swim in the sea. But we were walking along the seashore and catching the sun!




I was really surprised about drivers and pedestrians behavior. Essentially everyone walks wherever he wants and each way he wants. No one is careful and looks around the street before he crosses it. People are crossing huge artery even when there is no crossing and they don’t care if some different road participant is going through it.
But drivers are not smarter - they’re parking everywhere, even on the crossings. It doesn’t matter if it’s a small crossing or a crossing on the main street with traffic lights. “If there is a space, I park here”. It’s right-hand traffic in Italy, but it doesn’t mean, that drivers will go by a right lane. Try to imagine a situation like this: you have a bidirectional single carriageway divided with impassable lines. There is a traffic on the right lane, so every second driver uses the left lane to go. And it doesn’t matter that it’s different direction…
When you’re crossing the street on the crossing with a green light you have to be really careful. Few times I had a situation, that someone used a horn, going by a wrong lane around 90km/h!
And cyclists are the worst! Sometimes they make a mess like I’ve never seen before!

To sum up our trip - we had really great time for ourselves! We were able to charge batteries for the whole next year. I think we’ll plan next trips for 2018, but I have no idea when and where exactly :) But I’m pretty sure it’ll be a fun! :)
















Cats
I have some news for you! Misio’s urine test is a little bit better than before, but Purka’s and Amaya’s tests are not so well. Amaya has a bacteria in urine, she got antibiotics and we’ll see how it looks like after the treatment. We have no idea how to dissolve the crystals in urine, maybe increasing l-mathiocid would be a good idea? I have to talk about it with our vet. I’m going to see her on Thursday.



We had some issue with Misio’s health again. He had diarrhea and sickness because of IBD. I had to increase the frequency of steroid and he’s ok for now. But still we have a chance to decrease the frequency in the future, but we have to make it slowly because his body doesn’t like quick and violent changes. All in all, he’s an old cat, based on USG test he is 15 years old!



And some good news! We have great progress in Amaya’s BARF feeding! Some time ago I decided to give her pure BARF for 1 meal per day. Then I changed it to 2, 3 and finally 4 BARF meals. And it’s working! She can eat a pure BARF with medicines too! Of course, we still keep can food at home - just in case - because sometimes she’s nitpicking, and we can’t let her not take medicines. But it’s unusual situation, usually, she wants to eat BARF :)


We’re going to make a TLI test for Amaya this Thursday. We just need to keep an ear to the ground. And we want to make some different BARF this month. We usually use chicken and pork, now we want to change it a little bit :) We found a nice store with fresh meat and we can also order a meat online for a delivery :) A lot of people rate it very high, so we want to try!



Volunteering
Last month I joined to the charity organization called “Koty z Grohowa”. To be honest - I thought about helping cats since I remember, but I was sure, that I’m not strong and brave enough. And I listened to stupid advice from my family, they eternally repeated the same: “you don’t have time for this, you shouldn’t even try! Spend this time with your daughter, not with cats”. I was a moron because I let them manipulate me this way!



But everything has changed now! I’m making my dreams come true and I feel magnificent with it! They’re still telling me, that I’m irresponsible and I’m neglecting my daughter, but to be honest - I don’t care about what they say! It’s my life and I’m sure that Maja won’t be mad at me in the future, that I wanted to help homeless cats! I believe, she’ll be proud of me somehow.





So once for a week, I’m in cat sanctuary and additionally I’m making some DIY for the charity auctions.

By the way - do you remember about the online charity auction I supposed to organize with an organization, which I was cooperating with before? Well, there won’t be any online auction. I made a lot of (I’m immodest, I know) beautiful handmade things to be sold on the online auction. I gave them all of them and I promised to help with organizing everything. And suddenly they “realized” that they don’t have a time for making this auction now! Anyway, they’re going to sell these items (I hope so!) on the pedigree cat show. I feel cheated, but I don’t have power enough to fight with them now :( I would prefer to focus on positive emotions because I feel a gloomy mood of Autumn anyway…

DIY 
My art spirit is in very good condition now! I’ve finished two “Lost in time” shawls (for me and for Maja). I really love the pattern, so I’ll possibly make another one in the future.
 




I think I’m addicted to buying admirable yarns! I have no idea what I’m going to make of it, but I still have to buy them! I have few ideas for future, but I’m not sure if it makes sense to crochet them, for e.g. I don’t need another scarf, shawl or hat at the moment. I was thinking about cardigan, but I don’t know which style fits me. When I reached the correct weight I changed my clothing style. I see a remarkable difference between my style now and in the past, so I had to clean up my wardrobe. I gave around 50% of my clothes to the people in need. I’m sure that I’ll make something, but I haven’t specified yet what exactly.
For now, I’m crocheting items to sell in the online charity auction organized by Koty z Grochowa. I’ve made two cat-themed cup coasters and cup warmer.


Now I’m trying to make a cup coasters with the snowflake. I think I’ll give it to the garage sales or some different event because I won’t be able to make them all for this auction. And also I think they got a lot of beautiful items to sale for this auction, so they don’t need more at the moment.
After new year comes we want to make a model with trains. We still haven’t specified the scale, but we’re sure that it’ll be a Japanese style. We want to buy few trains, small Japanese houses, and some items to make a mountainous scenery. We saw great coffee table in IKEA store, we’ll probably use it to put the model into it. To be honest - I can’t wait to start making it! I’m so excited :)

Diseases 
I'm sick for a month. It started atypically - with my tooth. At the beginning of September, my dentist healed my tooth (she thought that). Caries appeared inside my tooth, nothing hurt, we found out it only because I made control pantomogram… However after 3 weeks since it was healed I felt a pain. And that’s how my adventure with the root canal treatment started! But don’t think, that it was easy - I also had a periodontitis. Since she started healing it I have a temperature around 37,5 - 38 degrees. She doesn’t know what to do with me, I got an antibiotic and really strong painkillers (tramadol). I felt terrible after I took painkillers, I couldn’t find out where is up and where is down, I had strong dizziness and gaps in my memory. But it still didn’t help. I made a blood test but it also didn’t show anything interesting. Now I don’t feel the pain (luckily), but I also got the flu :(
Actually, I have no idea how should I treat myself, who should I ask for an advice… The internist didn’t give me any hints...

Maja’s birthday
My little daughter is 2 years old since 20th of November! She celebrated it firstly in daycare and then 2 days later at home. We decided to make a small birthday party for her, we invited the closest family, made a birthday cake and bought some cookies.




Maja got wooden trains and some accessories to play with it. I feel that we and cats enjoyed the gift more than she did! :D



Driving license 
I’ve delayed so long with this note, that I have already passed all my exams! I did it for the first time! :) Actually, I was sure, that I won’t be able to pass, I focused on the thought, that I have to see how the exam looks like. And then I’ll pass it next time. I was shaking because of the fear I felt. And then I entered the car and… relaxed! I feel really comfortable while driving, I really love to drive a car, that’s why I was able to relax :) My instructor told me, that I’m very calm while I’m driving a car, it’s a big surprise for me, because I’m a spitfire :D But I realized, that she’s right, I’m really peaceful during my ride. Yes, I know that I’m still not a perfect driver, there are a lot of issues, which I will have to practice in “real life” without my “Guardian Angel” who’ll press brake pedal while it’s needed… I still have to learn how to park parallelly. We’re going to go on kid baptism this weekend and we would like to rent a car. It’ll be more comfortable to go to Sokolow city with car especially, that we’re going to take Maja with us. And at the end of the year, we would like to buy our own car!


What else here? 
As I promised you some time ago - I’m going to share with you a photo of my second tattoo. I made it in August and I was supposed to show it to you earlier, but I wanted it to be fully healed.


My fondness to the mountains appeared a few years ago in the Tatra Mountains. I decided there, that I’ll reach Rysy peak! And I will do this! I’m trying to prove myself that even impossible is possible, you only need to want! So every day I’m reaching some peak, every single day I am aware that I can more and more. That’s why this tattoo means so much for me.

I finally decided to change my nail polish for hybrids! I think I like UV indurated nail polish more than standard, they’re persisting on my nails around 1-3 weeks and it’s not chipping off on the top after few days! For now, I’ve tried Semilac and NeoNail and I definitely prefer the second one. Semilac is too hard to remove for me, it destroys the nail plate! I also ordered some vitamin base from Indigo, I’m using it instead of hard base I got in NeoNail starter pack.


Since the last time I wrote two succulents are dead before even cats started to hit them. I have no idea why, I’m pouring them once for a week or even less, but they anyway moldered! The rest of them are in good condition, they even let go of new shoots :) Whereas airplants have withered… Evidently, they needed water more frequently than every 5th day… Well, I’ll know in the future how to take care of them. But succulents - I have no idea what’s wrong with them or with me :(

All in all, I have to go now. You have to give me a few days more to go back to the blogosphere. I see there is a lot of news on your sites, and I feel I need more time to catch up it :) I hope I’ll be able to read it to the end of the week! See you!

4 comments:

  1. So many things you've covered today! WOW! Your photos of Rome are beautiful. Your daughter is beautiful, and your cats are lovely too! Here's hoping all of their health issues get ironed out/solved. Love your crochet items; you have a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Rome photos. We were there last November/December. I would have loved to visit that cat shelter. I think it's so neat that you did that. I hope yours and the kitties' all feel better.
    Your daughter looks so sweet. Happy belated birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your writing after a long break, Olka! I hope your toothache is better now. Nice tattoo! Hope you end up reaching the Rsys peak :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olka, it's nice to see you back -- I understand those long breaks but it was fun to live and travel vicariously through all your wonderful photos. And I'm very glad there is some improvement with the cats. I loved all the photos.

    Thanks for taking the time to stop at Marmelade Gypsy and catch up after your break! It was so appreciated! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram