Hello January


I’ve started my January properly.
Neither bad nor good.

I’ve entered a New Year with calmness and coziness.
I’ve put on a sweater, snagged, but comfortable jeans, and warm socks with a cat's pattern.


Maja wanted to spend the New Year’s Eve with her grandparents; Adam and I decided to stay at home and play board games, cuddle and lull our cats.
I was afraid of my fur friends; once Amaya has been so terrified, that she didn’t want to come from under the sofa for a few days. But luckily, she feels better right now.


Well, I’ve been living in Warsaw’s suburbs for a few years - I’m surrounded by the forest and few backyards - so it’s quite silent. I’m glad because most of my neighbors resigned using fireworks this year.

I’m not going to sum up the last year. I think I have nothing to say. I’ve experienced some nice moments, and some worse ones as well; I have no power to return to some of them, well, actually I would love to forget most of them.
To be honest, I should have to work them out first… because I still haven’t done this.

But let’s return to December for a while.


It was melancholic time; I haven’t met the Christmas Spirit, but anyway I can’t say that the whole month sucks.
We’ve celebrated the winter solstice. I’ve been packing gifts, drinking ginger tea and resting with cats under the soft blanket.


I’ve also decorated the pine tree; we decided to buy a real one - like every year - because it smells with the forest. All the ornaments were safe for cats (made of wood, paper, plastic, and fabrics). I let my cats play between the branches, steal bulbs and other ornaments. You say it’s insane… well, maybe it is, but the Christmas tree was supposed to enjoy everyone - including cats.
We celebrate these holidays to share the time with each other, people and animals we love. And it was so, with the cats among the branches.

Today I want to share with you more photos from the weaving workshops I’ve been taking part in December.
Last time I only shared my own photos. Today I have professional ones made by Kinga, who accompanied us for the whole time.











Making woven hangings became my passion. Some time ago I couldn’t find it interesting; now I feel the tranquility and peace while weaving. The rest, which my soul strongly needs recently.






Weavings you see above are for the charity sale. I want to donate the cats' sanctuary I’m volunteering in. If you’re interested in buying some of them, just let me know.

My Art Spirit is in good shape. I’ve recently made another a macrame for the custom order. This is the smallest one I’ve ever made.


As I’ve announced earlier, I decided to make some jewelry with the raw gems. It was such a fun to be able to create so ethnic accessories. I think there is something spiritual in raw stones, some positive energy from our mother Earth.











Well, besides these, there’s nothing new here.
Cats are ok, they’re playing a lot, making mischiefs, and hugging to me all the time. They’re very supportive to me lately. More than anybody else.









I need to repeat Misio’s blood test and control urine tests for all the cats (I procrastinated too long with the urine test).
Well, recently managing my life isn’t going very well, it takes a lot of energy from me.

(this sweet little girl is looking for her forever-home)

3 comments:

  1. You take such wonderful photos! I love that you have mixed weaving with macrame. And your kitties are each so cute; hoping Misio's tests come back with good results. Winter makes me sad; I miss walking around in bare feet! Guess I need to connect to Mother Earth through my soles. I try to get out into nature as often as possible, even when it's cold, but obviously it's a struggle. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks and stones are the best! I follow!^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Aleksandra, your weavings and jewelry are wonderful! I used to weave and macrame' years ago when my children were small and I sold them at craft fairs. It is so relaxing. All your cats are so sweet and nice to cuddle with. Winter seems so long and summer seems so short. I am dreaming of spring and seeing the wildflowers once again. I hope this new year brings sweet blessings to you and your loved ones. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Instagram