Autumnal Spirits

I’ve been quiet for a long time again. Actually, it’s not the best time for me, I have no power and to be honest - I’m not even trying to gain it. I would like to become invisible right now. Autumnal walks make me calmer, but even if I’m willing to go to the forest, I’m not feeling much better.


I’ll catch up on your sites in next 2 weeks. At least I’ll try to. Anyway, even if it takes me longer, I’ll visit all of you my blog friends.

I’ll divide today’s post for sections to not to forget about anything and also to make it easier to skip some parts.

Starting… and terminating a new job

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before - I’ve started a new job in July. I’ve been working at one of the best Warsaw’s Colleges (it is in the top five of the university ranking 2019). Administrative work.
I’ve gone through a 3-steps job interview - my education, qualifications, skills, and predispositions have been checked and confirmed.
We’ve agreed on the salary for the full-time contract, and when I’m going to start.
Well, I should also tell you, that the interview was very unusual. And that should make me think… The main dean started to sneer about my charity work; I’ve also heard that I’m probably not the proper person for this position because I’m young and “the whole administration is filled with old crones”. The deputy dean seemed to be embarrassed…

Anyway, somehow I got this job.
We agreed for the 1-month contract of mandate, then a 3-month trial and then a full-time contract for the one year. I’ve started a new job within the prescribed period.

At the end of July, I’ve met with the deputy dean to ask about the trial contract. I still didn’t get it and I’ve started to worry about it.
I got the information, that the university doesn’t need an employee during the holiday time and he proposed me to return to work in September. I was confused, my co-workers had a holiday break during this time so no one left to handle visitors. I’ve asked the deputy dean about this issue, so I got permission to work in August. But I got another contract of mandate with the point “the employee will work 4 hours per day”... To be honest - I wasn’t happy about reduced working time and the contract type. I’ve tried to talk to the deputy dean but I got an answer “there is nothing to do during holidays” (yeah, I wish there was nothing to do…) and “the staff needs minimum 2 weeks to prepare a trial contract for you, you have to also make some tests and to undergo some training - this will take a lot of time”.

In the middle of August I wanted to meet with the deputy dean again to ask to prepare all the referrals and the trial contract, but… he was unavailable. Same as the main dean.
At the end of the month, I got the information, that I’ll get my contract soon, but there is no one decisive available for the next 2 weeks. I need to work in September for the full time and the contract will be prepared with the proper date (1st of September).

So the first 2 weeks of September I’ve been working there without any agreement, but at once I had the access to the confidential information, academy's archive files, business mail, and the university seal.

After the first week, I’ve almost forced the deputy dean to give me the referrals I needed. I’ve finished the training and tests in the next few days; the trial contract was commissioned to prepare.

In the middle of the month, the staff informed, that the trial contract is ready.
I’ve come to sign it and… I haven’t done this. It turned out, that the salary written in the contract is much lower than we agreed.
I was sure that there is just a mistake - it happens sometimes. I’ve returned to the deputy dean to ask him about it. Try to imagine how shocked and disappointed I was when I heard “the main dean decided to reduce your salary; believe me I can’t do anything to help you”.
No one informed me about the change before; no one asked me if I’m still interested in working there with a lower salary.

I’ve made an appointment with the main dean, but his secretary has canceled it. She told me, that the main dean doesn’t have anything more to add, he wants me to sign the contract I got.
That’s actually funny - after this all he couldn't face me; he avoided me…

Of course, I haven’t signed this contract, just because I won’t let anyone treat me like this.

I have no words for this situation.

Luckily the deputy dean gave me the contract of the mandate for these 2 weeks I’ve been working without any agreement. Well, I feel he didn’t have any other choice - everyone saw me working there, I’ve signed the attendance list. If they refused me to pay for this time, I would probably start a court case. There would be an affair if it came to light, that I had access to the sensitive data without being formally hired there.

Cats and their health issues
With the beginning of October Misio got flu. We’ve started treatment, but it didn’t work. We had to change medicines, but actually, what I wanted to say - during the appointment it turned out that Misio lost his weight a lot.
The vet recommended us to make a blood test.


I was supposed to make blood tests this month for all four cats anyway, so I sped them up.

Of course - I’m not surprised - we still need to adjust the supplements proportions because the cholesterol, chlorides, sodium, and potassium are too high. We need to reduce fat and salt more.


The reason why Misio has lost his weight was hyperthyroidism. He got medicines and after 3 weeks we repeated blood tests. This time thyroid hormone is within normal limits. Now we’re adjusting the medicine daily dose, we're making the next blood test after the next 3 weeks.


Purka, on the other hand, has not the best pancreatic parameters. We’re going to make a USG test to her and Misio (Misio - because we need to control his liver). Keep your fingers crossed.



Amaya’s TLI test went well. The value is low but fortunately, it is within normal limits.
It was the first TLI test after she started to get her pancreatic enzymes again.
And as I thought - she’s going to take the medicines till the end.


I also plan to make urine tests to them all in November - just to control it.


Self development and changes

Dogotherapy is going well. Figi is wonderful and we like each other a lot.




Spanish learning - in progress. For now, I’m learning basics. I feel it’ll take me a while before I start to use this language fluently.

At the beginning of October, I’ve made a new tattoo. It’s my 3rd tattoo and actually, it’s the biggest one I have at the moment. It took artist 7,5 hours to make it.


I’ve decided on home colorization. I’ve bought vegan paints La Riche and my mom helped me to apply them on my hair. Blue and violet ombre made a really nice, but unfortunately unstable effect. But well, the paints' prices are so low that I recommend them anyway.




Creatively

I’m creative, as always.

First of all, I’ve made a few more macrame leaves. These are orders from the USA mostly, but I’ve also sent some of them to Europe.


I’ve also decided to make wax wraps. It’s very easy to make them!
Wax wraps are used to wrap your sandwich, fruits, or to cover jars or plates with the food (to keep it fresh). You can use it instead of aluminum foil, it’s eco-friendly and it looks really nice.


This is the set of Autumnal letters. I still have 2 to write.









My bullet journal for October has also Autumnal theme:



I’ve also made a horse chestnuts salve. Chestnuts products help to keep your veins strong, so it’s definitely something useful for me.


I associate autumn with pumpkins (which I love!), so I make a lot of pumpkin meals right now.
I’ve recently tried homemade pumpkin spice syrup and it’s delicious! Well, I’m not very modest right now, but according to my “no talent for cooking”, I’m really proud of myself.


Even my cats have a BARF food with baked pumpkin addition ;)

I’ve recently realized that I miss knitting. That’s why I’ve started grey poncho. I have no idea when I’ll be able to finish it, it’s going very slowly. I don’t have a lot of time for knitting right now, but I hope to wear it before this Fall ends.


Well, Autumn is the most creative season for me. Most of the ideas come from the Autumn time.
And this is when I gain the desire to create; my Art Spirit feels well during the Fall.




Autumn is the best artist ever, she’s changeable, colorful and melancholic. I wish she stays for longer… And at the end, I have some Autumnal glimpses for you.























2 comments:

  1. They surely played a lot of games! I hope that you finally get the job at the original salary, or you find something else. Keep all of your paperwork, notes, emails in a file for easy access; I think you have a clear case against them. Here's hoping all of your furbabies are feeling good; they certainly are all so cute! I want to dye my hair too, but cannot find a product that I am comfortable with. Guess I need to do more research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could find a job where you could put your fabulous photo skills to work. Honestly, they are really glorious photos, each and every one a gem. Especially the cats. I hope they all get their med issues shaped up here and soon. That has to be worrying (today is National Cat Day in the U.S.) The job thing is frustrating but to be working at a lower than salary promised and with no contract does not seem like a good fit. I hope the right things happen for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram